Resident Wellness Resources
Lexington Medical Society Physician Wellness Program
To schedule an appointment, call 1-800-350-6438. You will be asked to leave a voicemail message and your call will be returned within the same day.
- Any UK GME resident or fellow can access (not just physicians)
- Free and confidential counseling service not connected to UK or your health insurance
- 6 free counseling sessions a year via The Woodland Group, a Lexington psychologist practice
- Resource is available 24/7 for any support need whether related to depression or anxiety, work related stressors, relationship concerns or just difficulty coping with the demands of residency or fellowship.
- Individuals utilizing this service will remain anonymous to GME and LMS
- Refer to attached flyer for additional information
Additional Non- emergent Counseling Options
UK Work-Life Counseling: http://www.uky.edu/hr/work-life/counseling/worklife-connections-counseling
Individual Counseling for life stress, work performance, substance abuse concerns, mental health
REFER Program: http://www2.ca.uky.edu/hes/familycenter/refer-program.htm UK Family Center Counseling focused upon personal, couple, or family concerns
UK Department of Psychiatry Outpatient Clinic: call 323-6021. Follow prompts for the Outpatient Clinic. Business hours, five days per week.
Emergent Psychiatric Care
**24/7 assistance is available via The Ridge Behavioral System: call 859-268-6400. Ask for the Assessment Office and identify yourself as a UK resident/fellow needing immediate evaluation. If admission is required, you will be asked to go directly to The Ridge, bypassing evaluation in the UK Emergency Department.
If you ever have any difficulty accessing the above resources, please don’t hesitate to contact your Program Director, GME office staff, or Dr. McKinney.
GME Forms/ Resources
UK Program Letters of Agreement (PLA)
Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)
American Board of Medical Specialties
Code of Conduct
Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)
Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS)
Federation of State Medical Boards (FSMB)
GME CE Central
Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure (KBML)
Lexington Housestaff Medical Alliance (HMA)
Simulation Center - CECentral
United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE)
UK Medical Professions Placement Service
UK Office of Medical Education
UK Record Program/Retention Requirements