The GME office can provide reimbursement for approved resident expenditures. Residents must submit request for reimbursement within 30 days of the transaction. It is the responsibility of the resident to seek reimbursement.
Approved resident expenditures:
1) ACLS/PALS/NRP certifications - Residents under contract in the GME office are eligible for reimbursement for the ACLS/PALS/NRP certifications that are required by your program. GME strongly recommends that residents take the free courses through CE Central / First Response of the Bluegrass, so that no out of pocket money is required. However, if this vendor cannot accommodate your schedule and you need to use another vendor that requires payment, the GME can reimburse this fee. Please note, at this time, GME does not reimburse for BLS. Incoming residents are not eligible for reimbursement of this fee as this is a requirement of employment to start in your training program.
2) Dental / Medical/ Optometry Licensure - Incoming residents in the dental, optometry and medical residency programs are eligible for reimbursement of the Kentucky Board of Optometry, Kentucky Board of Dentistry or Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure licensure fees (credentialing / background fees / exams are NOT covered under this reimbursement). All continuing residents should await instruction from the GME office for licensure application or renewal, as the GME office pays the licensure fees via our credit card, rather than providing reimbursement to the resident. Pharmacy residents, please contact your program coordinator for questions regarding your licensure application and payment procedures.
To request reimbursement, please submit the requested items into this webform. This submission will begin the reimbursement process.
*Your reimbursement will be a direct deposit, separate from your monthly payroll. You should receive your reimbursement in 2-4 weeks. Please keep in mind, there are high volume reimbursement times during the year that may increase reimbursement processing time. Thank You.
1) Reimbursement Request Form (Please do not type your name. You must sign document and attach).
2) Your receipt from KBML, KBD, KBO or the ACLS/PALS/NRP instructor
3) Documentation of the transaction from your bank (i.e. a copy of the cleared check- both sides, or a screenshot from your mobile banking to show the transaction occurred).
Please let the GME office know if you have any questions or concerns!