Frequently Asked Questions

House Staff

Many questions may be answered by reviewing the GME Policy and Procedure Manual

Q: Who do I contact if I have questions about MedHub?
A: Your program coordinator is a great resource.

Q: When will I receive my paycheck?
A: You will receive your monthly pay on the last weekday of the month via direct deposit.

Q: How do I access my pay information?
A: House staff are required to participate in direct deposit. This simply means that pay is deposited directly in a designated bank account each monthly pay period. You may access documentation for every pay period online through myUK Employee-Self Service available by signing on to myUK.

Q: How do I change bank accounts for Direct Deposit?
A: The simplest way to change your Direct Deposit information is through myUK Employee Self-Service “Bank Information” feature.

Q: I received a parking citation, what do I do?
A: If you have questions regarding why you received a citation, you may call the parking office at 859-257-5757. To pay your citation, go to the parking website at and click on Pay a citation in the upper right corner. Remember, you the permit holder shall be responsible for all parking violations involving vehicles displaying your permit. Please be aware that citations must be paid before you will be issued a new parking permit.

Q: What do I do if I get a needlestick or injured while working?
A: If you experience an injury (needlestick, fall, etc.) on the job, you need to report it immediately to UK Worker’s Care. At any time you are on UK business, whether you are at UK or on a rotation outside of UK and you incur an injury, please assure you call UK Workers Care at 1-800-440-6285.

Q: Must I maintain ACLS (or PALS) certification? Am I able to be reimbursed for recertification?
A: All house staff (with the exception of Optometry, Administrative, Student Fellows, Medical Physics, and Community-based Pharmacy) must be ACLS certified. Pediatrics residents should substitute Pediatrics Advanced Life Support (PALS), and Neonatology fellows should have completed the Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP). The certification must be American Heart Association (AHA) accredited - you may contact the GME office if you need local providers for recertification. You are required to maintain certification throughout the duration of your training. The GME office will reimburse you for recertifications (we do not reimburse for the certification you are required to begin training – whether an initial certification or a recertification). You will need to provide a signed copy of your card (front and back), along with a cancelled check or receipt in order to receive reimbursement. This documentation must be received within 60 calendar days of certification. A copy of your card(s) will be stored in your MedHub profile.    

Q: How do I get my DEA information entered into the UK electronic health records systems?
A: You will need to provide your name, user id, date of birth (for verification purposes) and DEA number with expiration date to Marilyn Cone for entry into Allscripts.

Q: Is there a campus gym that I am able to join?
A: You are eligible to purchase a Johnson Center Recreation Center membership. Memberships may be purchased in the Campus Recreation office located in the Johnson Center. Take your ID badge with you when purchasing a membership. For more information, please visit the Johnson Center’s website:

Q: Is there an employee education program?
A: Yes. Through the EEP program, the maximum number of credit hours for which tuition will be waived shall be no more than 8 per semester with a maximum of 18 per academic year. Classes must be taken for credit and may be taken at the University campus (including the Independent Study Program), KCTCS institutions (i.e. Community Colleges and Technical Colleges) or any other Kentucky public institution. The fee waiver does not include audited, non-credit, continuing education or community education courses. Graduate level waivers in excess of $5250.00 per calendar year are subject to tax.
For more information, visit the website at:

Q: As an employee of the University, am I eligible for any discounts for merchants?
A: There is an UK Employee Discount Program (EDP) offered by UK. For more information, including what you must provide and a list of merchants, please refer to the EDP website at